Fun with RAINBOW !

Have you ever seen a rainbow?

Lots of people like rainbows. Children make wishes on them, dreamers chase them and artists paint them or crochet them. :)

If your heart leaps up by seeing a rainbow. Thank god that the child in you is still alive. Thank god that you feel happy with such wonderful aspects of nature. Or else rest is just mundane routine. Seeing a rainbow, a spontaneous reaction would be, you might show it to your near and dear ones, people around you, and you will propagate HAPPINESS! Nature divulges joy in many forms. The rainbow is one such beautiful natural phenomenon, alluring especially for its colors.  Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. (Acronym - VIBGYOR). Thinking about these 7 colours I decided to use them in crochet. If you have seen before, my fractal project is beautiful. Someday I want to make a colorful fractal. Seven colors together looked amazing. Fun with rainbow colors…







 I can survive on the above for hours without food and water :) 

 I wanted to make something different and hence decided to plan out my own pattern. Started with a seven petal flower. This made a beautiful #doily #coaster #place mat #applique #lucky charm #dream catcher....

 Coincidentally I came across this wonderful Deramores Competition. I decided to take part and selected the Rainbow theme. The Patchwork Heart was quite inspiring.  I used the local Anchor skeins available all over in Mumbai, India. I wonder how Deramores yarn will be like. I hope it has all the colors one can need.

My 15 year old daughter my best friend & my best critic liked the seven petal rainbow very much with a small comment of 'bit Spaced-out'. This inspired me to start designing a new doily. With many self restrictions like...
  • The design shouldn't be repetitive like granny square or shell.
  • All colors should be equally used.
  • Each color and design should represent an element in nature that goes well with the rainbow.
  • It shouldn't be a just a motif or joining pieces or random strategy.
It took time for  wandering thoughts to come alive! The colors looked amazing (cell cam not doing much of a justice here)...


Neutralized  with white in between..
Finally...


How is it? I enjoyed playing with rainbow and I am sure you too will try. 

Enjoy what you create. Look more, read more, explore. Make mistakes and friends. Be ethical and never stop learning.

This post is my submission to the Deramores Craft Blog Competition 2015. Deramores is the UK’s number one online retailer of knitting and crochet supplies. Visit www.deramores.com for more details. 

JFF... ;)


If you have any questions, do write to styleacraft@gmail.com
My next colorful project nature theme will be 'Peacock' ! Keep in touch for more.

Comments